Blogs

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My Phone's Suicide Attempt!

You know my phone is in love with me. Now how the hell do I know this! It was just a couple of days back that I seriously thought of getting rid of my phone. I had bought it barely eight months back (I know it's a little too much going by the present scenario where people change mobile phone sets every three months). Though there's nothing wrong with my phone as in it gives me no trouble and I also like the look of it, it's just that I had gone to a mobile phone shop with my friend to buy a phone for him. I liked one of the two phones that we zeroed in on after half an hour of scrutiny.
I casually asked the salesboy that if I were to exchange my phone for a new one how much will I be exempt of the total cost. He put the price of my phone at half of what I had bought it for eight months back. I was impressed as then I would get the new phone for half its market price. So though I had many reasons to keep my old phone, yet each time I would find myself desparate to get the new model. But last evening my phone revolted!!
It tried committing suicide!!!! It so happened that I had to wash clothes. As I was expecting a call I thought it wise to carry the phone along. I kept it on the shelf in the washroom. A couple of minutes later, the phone rang. I had forgotten that vibration was active. By the time I could wipe my hands and reach out to it, it vibrated and moved bit by bit and fell under the tap near the bucket and got drenched. I took that call, it worked perfectly. Then I came out and kept it aside.
After about half an hour, when I settled, I picked the phone only to find it dead, yes dead, not working at all. When I tried activating, it woudn't respond. Then finally I hospitalised it.
I opened the battery, took out the SIM card and put it under the fan. After about an hour it started showing some signs of revival. Yet it could not be called alive. It blinked, flickered and was gone again. Then my brother told me of a new therapy. He asked me to put the phone under a burning electric lamp through the night. I discovered there was no lamp. But hold on! another saviour came to the rescue. My hair drier! I blew my phone with the hair drier ay short intervals for about an hour and 20 minutes.
And yes!!!! It survived the suicide attempt! Hhhhhhmmmm........no doubt this phone is company to me for much longer now.
ENDS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home