Blogs

Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekends O Weekends!

I must say gone are those days when Saturdays and Sundays used to be coveted days for weekly offs. Going by the scenario at the markets and multiplexes, I think it will be better to take weekly offs during week days. It's not from one or two personal experiences that I have come to this judgement.Over the past one year I have had my weekly offs on Saturdays and Sundays at least six times. And pooh! these have been the most irritating. The first time we planned to go for a movie on Sunday evening. When we reached there, we were very obviously disappointed to discover that all the movies in that multiplex were "sold". Then we decided to go to our favourite restaurant. But disapointments one after another! We were told that we will have to wait for about 45 minutes before we could get a table. We checked in atleast 3 restaurants after this. But it was the same story everywhere.Then we just drove to Bandstand and spent the evening killing our disappointment. Our weekend was spoilt. On the following week off we decided to catch a movie on Saturday evening only to be turned back yet again. And once again, there was a serpentine queue at all the good restaurants. Tired and worn out, we decided we could try for the first show on Sunday morning. But guess what, even at that odd hour, all tickets had been sold. We had to settle for a niche movie which we HAD to enjoy for lack of options.I have spent the last two weekends in Delhi. But believe me it's been no different. I have wanted to see a new talked about film. But was shown a red signal by two PVRs last Saturday evening. This Sunday that is yesterday, also I could not get tickets at PVR Noida, which I had thought being away from the main city would atleast have a couple of tickets. I even tried at Satyam but..........On top of all this, the roads are jammed, malls are unusually and irritatingly crowded. There's a mad rush everywhere.So guys think it a blessing if you are being allotted chhutti on week days! Atleast you can enjoy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home